Summer Mental Health Support
Counseling Service is on a 10-month contract and will be closed between June 15th and August 15th. This encompasses all services, including psychiatry.
While our mental health services will be unavailable during this period, there are local services available for students in need of mental health support. To help prepare the campus for the summer period, we want to provide you with community resources that may be helpful for students or community members with mental health concerns.
Please use the following mental health resources this summer as needed.
Local Emergency Mental Health Assistance
- Dutchess County HELPLINE (available 24/7 for all mental health concerns) 845-485-9700
- Mental Health Mobile Crisis 845-486-2864
- Crisis Stabilization Center - 230 North Road, Poughkeepsie 845-485-9700 (a walk-in urgent care center for mental health crises)
- Mid Hudson Regional Hospital Psychiatric ER - 241 North Road, Poughkeepsie 845-431-8892
Additional Hotlines and Phone Services
- National Mental Health Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Safe Horizons Anger Management Line: 800-621-HOPE / 800-621-4673
- Trevor Project (Crisis Support for LGBTQ community): 866-488-7386
Crisis Text Lines
- Crisis Text Line: Text 741-741
- Dutchess County Helpline: Text 845-485-9700
Immediate On-Line Support
In-Person/Telehealth Mental Health Treatment & Support
Mid Hudson Regional Hospital
241 North Rd., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Northern Psychiatric Services
11 Marshall Road, Suite 2L, Wappingers Falls
Southern Dutchess Behavioral Group
1285 Route 9, Suite 7B, Wappingers Falls
Hudson Valley Mental Health Clinics - Poughkeepsie (free/low fee services)
230 North Rd. Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
For Students with the Student Health Insurance
United Health care Student Resources and HealthiestYou have partnered together to provide 24/7 access to doctors and mental health care. All services are free for students covered under the UHCSR insurance plan; services are available for all other students for a fee. Please click for more information
Therapy Assistance Online or TAO is an interactive. dynamic, easy to access online program that provides support for anxiety, depression, and other common concerns. It may be helpful to think of TAO as an online library of engaging, interactive programs to learn life skills and to help you bounce back from disappointments or stumbling blocks in life. You have the opportunity to watch short videos, complete skill-building exercises and build resiliency and coping skills.
Sign up at us.taoconnect.org using the "Self-Help with an Institution" tab using your Vassar username and password to login and access powerful evidence based programs and tools to help you feel better.