Counseling Service is on a 10-month contract and will be closed between June 15th and August 15th. This encompasses all services, including psychiatry.
While our mental health services will be unavailable during this period, there are local services available for students in need of mental health support. To help prepare the campus for the summer period, we want to provide you with community resources that may be helpful for students or community members with mental health concerns.
Please use the following mental health resources this summer as needed.
- Dutchess County HELPLINE (available 24/7 for all mental health concerns) 845-485-9700
- Mental Health Mobile Crisis (will come to your location for emergency psychiatric assessments) 845-486-2864
- Crisis Stabilization Center - 230 North Road, Poughkeepsie 845-485-9700 (a walk-in urgent care center for mental health crises)
- Mid Hudson Regional Hospital Psychiatric ER - 241 North Road, Poughkeepsie 845-431-8892
- National Mental Health Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Safe Horizons Anger Management Line: 800-621-HOPE / 800-621-4673
- Trevor Project (Crisis Support for LGBTQ community): 866-488-7386
- Crisis Text Line: Text 741-741
- Dutchess County Helpline: Text 845-485-9700
Mid Hudson Regional Hospital
241 North Rd., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Northern Psychiatric Services
11 Marshall Road, Suite 2L, Wappingers Falls
Southern Dutchess Behavioral Group
1285 Route 9, Suite 7B, Wappingers Falls
Hudson Valley Mental Health Clinics - Poughkeepsie (free/low fee services)
230 North Rd. Poughkeepsie, NY 12601