You Are Welcome Here.
Vassar College Counseling Service welcomes students of all backgrounds and experiences. We are here to support you.
Vassar College Counseling Service (VCCS) provides a variety of services to Vassar students such as individual, couples, and group counseling, crisis intervention, educational programming, consultation, assessment, and referrals to off-campus mental health professionals.
We work with students with concerns about roommates, the transition to college, procrastination, difficulty in all types of relationships, depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation and eating concerns/disorders, among many others. If it is a problem to you, then it is a problem to us.
All services are free and confidential.
Want to learn more?
Read A Note to Our Clients.
Vassar College Counseling Center Accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services, Inc. (IACS)
- ProtocallWe have a 24/7 mental health hotline available to Vassar students during the academic year. This service is staffed by mental health professionals who have been trained to work with Vassar students. Metcalf therapists provide backup to Protocall as needed. In order to use this services, call the CRC at 845-437-7333 and ask to speak to the Counselor on Call.
- Dutchess County HELPLINECall or TEXT 845-485-9700
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline800-273-8255 The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
- MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center (Formerly St. Francis)241 North Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 Emergency Psychiatric Care: 845-431-8892
- Crisis Stabilization CenterThe Crisis Stabilization Center (845) 485-9700 When people are in crisis, the Stabilization Center serves as a safe, comforting place to come, talk to caring professionals, and get help for the immediate issue(s) plus those that may extend beyond their stay at the Center. First, the staff works with you to handle or lessen the issue(s) at hand. Then, they will personally connect you to the correct services and resources in our community that can you going forward. Their work with you is 100% transparent, planned with your input, and barrier-free.