Inner Peace Workshop Series
Time: 4:45 - 5:30 pm
Location: Library Quiet Room, 3rd floor
Facilitator: Heather Shaughnessy, M.A.
Explore ways of turning toward your experiences with curiosity, openness, equanimity and kindness. This weekly workshop will explore the practices of mindfulness and self-compassion through experiential exercises such as meditation, visualization and breathing. Great for beginners and those wishing to deepen their existing practices.
The workshop series will be scheduled to accommodate as many interested students as possible. You may attend as many weekly workshops as your schedule allows throughout the semester.
If you are interested in this workshop, please contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org. Group screens are not required for this workshop series.
Resources for practice:
Guided practices and meditations:
- Guided Meditations- UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Self-Compassion Guided Meditations - Kristin Neff
- Mindful Self-Compassion Guided Meditations - Chris Germer
- Meditations - Jack Kornfield
- Street Lovingkindness Video Series- Sharon Salzberg
- Guided Meditations - Tara Brach
- Black Lives Matter Meditation - Dr. Candice Nicole
Additional practices for reflection:
Information about self-compassion and mindfulness:
- Self-Compassion - Dr. Kristin Neff
- Mindful Self-Compassion - Dr. Chris Germer
- Video- What is Mindfulness? – Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn
- All it takes is 10 mindful minutes- Andy Puddicombe